Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fashion Mogul Week 3 2/22/2010 "Fatima Scott



Name: Fatima Scott
Age: 20
Locality: Jersey City, NJ
Current Location: State College, PA.
Trade by Day: Junior, at Pennsylvania State University, Weekly Fashion blogger for Emcblue.com & writer for Penn State’s FLY magazine
Hobbies & Talents: I’m not a singer or a dancer, but I possess a great sense of style. Fashion is my outlet and writing is my escape. That’s why I chose to combine the two. Creativity isn’t a talent; it’s more like second nature.
Favorite Brands: I try to stay away from anything that SCREAMS label. I’ve learned to become my own brand. Something so rare and so unique can’t be found at a Forever 21 or H&M. You’ll catch me in a label that’s priceless, because it says me.
Fashion Trends: Mixing something old, with something new. I find it amazing; what the past can do for the present. From bulky accessories to floral prints and boyfriend blazers that still carry shoulder pads; nothing is like an outfit that screams BOLD! Lately, anything that goes above the knee fascinates me.
Least favorite trend: A woman in sneakers can’t be taken seriously. I’ll admit; my Asics boxing shoes still have a place in my heart and my closet. But, there’s a time and place for that attire. Who say’s it need’s a heel? A flat or a wedge can do. Remember, it HURTS to look good.
What comes to mind when you hear Dirty Backpack Krew: I think urban. I think original. I think unique. I see individuals that share a common goal but possess different styles.
What is your plan for 2010 and beyond: New Year, same goals! But, there’s always room for expansion. Graduation is just a few steps away, and a career is right around the corner.
Any last words to the bloggers: This won’t be the last time you’ll see my face =)

No comments: