Thursday, August 6, 2009

Upcoming Artist: Vas Anglin

DBK had the oppurtunity to host our first upcoming interview with the artist Vas Anglin hailing from Jersey. With rappers from Lords of the Underground, Joe Buddens, Naughty by Nature, Red and Method man in the past/present, Vas Anglin hails to become the future of Jersey Hip-Hop and eventually hit a national scale. Check out his interview and a snippet of the track, "One Question". What you think?

Get Your Own Free Hypster.com Playlist.
DBK: Tell us about yourself and what you currently do? (Age, educational background, hobbies)
VA:
I’m 21, currently working at Sound A Rama (Rahway’s local record shop). For as long as I can remember music was a passion I had so I wanted to make it a reality. Following high school I decided to go to The Institute of Audio Research. That was the turning point for it all; they broke down everything from the music to the business side also. Since then I have been working on my sound & new material wherever I find inspiration.

DBK: What makes you different from everyone in your field?

VA: With everything I do I try to fill a void. Though much of my work has been sample based thus far I try to bridge the generation gap & show my appreciation to those that paved the way. When I sit down with an artist it’s never the same. My main goal is to help them paint a picture where our medium is the music. .

DBK: What made you start? (skateboarding, bike riding, DJing, rapping etc.)

VA:Growing up I had friends that were into the skating more than I was; hanging out with them I began that. Shortly there after I got into the music and been here ever since. I’d say about three going on four years now.

DBK: Who is the biggest influence in your life?

VA: Aside from my mother because she was a single parent showing me there was always a way out. I’d have to say anyone I’ve met or anyone I meet that is striving to make a difference. The few that stand out to blend in.

DBK: What big names have you have worked with in the past?

VA: St Joe Louis (formerly Prizm), Kay M (106 & park’s Freestyle Friday grand champ), Broken English, Rewmec, & Nucci Reyo

DBK: What does Dirty Backpack Krew mean to you?

VA: With the upbeat urban look, its trendy for starters but it’s a way of life. It’s like the perfect blend between good taste & futuristic raw expression for me being the rebel that I am.

DBK: Any Last Words or comments for the readers…………………

VA: “Nobody said it be easy…Talent accompanies success, cash in your thoughts” Myspace.com/Th3fa1th Twitter.com/Vasanglin

Check out the track ABOVE!

No comments: